How do you break through the hullabaloo that your “should-be” customers are immersed in and get YOUR message across?
Well, it starts with attention. “Have I got your attention? Good.” **Queue scene from Glengarry Glen Ross**
I got the chance to spill some of what I’ve learned about getting attention online, in print and in person on The Small Business Marketing Report podcast (now called the Click and Convert Podcast) with Robert Tyson.
In 56 minutes, we discussed:
- How to use hidden dangers and unexpected consequences to draw people to your message like moths to a flame
- Why certain kinds of statistics get shared on social media
- Why picking a fight is often great for business (and how to benefit even if you don’t do the fight-picking)
- How to use personality… and how much personality is too much?
- How to use secrets and codes for almost guaranteed attention
Honestly, I’ve been fiending to be a guest on The Small Business Marketing Report podcast for quite some time, and I’m a big fan of Robert and his co-host Sean Clark, so I’m excited about this.